For more information please call:
Senior Instructor - Abernethy Trust
Senior Instructor in Christian Residential Adventure Centre in Scotland
Salary: Salary plus accommodation package
Location: Abernethy Ardeonaig, FK21 8SY
Start Date: April 2017
You will live on-site or nearby, and will be responsible for helping to lead & train our team of 10 instructors
You will instruct & develop safe, educational & enjoyable activities for a wide range of guests, but mostly for Primary School children
You will work evenings and weekends on a rota basis
You will be involved in our ‘Explore’ sessions, sharing the Christian faith
Skills & Qualifications
- You will be an enthusiastic, outdoor-loving, team-player and want to share your faith
- You will have a full UK driving licence and a First Aid qualification
- You will have at least three of the following: Archery Award, BASI Level 1, UKCC Level 2 Paddlesports (either Canoe or Kayak), Moderate Water Endorsement, BOF Award, D1+E entitlement on driving licence, DofE Assessor/Supervisor, Level 2 Mountain Biking Award, Mountain Leader, RYA Award, Snowsports Scotland Award, SPA
- It is an Occupational Requirement, in terms of the Employment Equality (Religion or Belief) Regulations 2003, that this post is filled by a practicing Christian.
At least 2 years of work instructing outdoor activities or relevant youth work / teaching involving leading a team
How to Apply
- Use of Centre facilities and outdoor equipment
- Opportunities for training for qualifications
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work
- You will be living as part of a Christian community in a beautiful part of Scotland
Contact Morag Felgate
T: 01567 820955
Closing Date – 28th March 2017
Back To List
- "We’ve had so many emails regarding our Freelance vacancies - we’ve now got a waiting list so thank you!"
- "As an organisational member of IOL Plumpton College finds many of its services very beneficial.
One advantage of organisational membership is that we are able to advertise vacancies here at the College in the OAA department on the IOL jobs page for free.
The annual fee for organisational membership of IOL is less than what some publications charge for a single advert.
The response rate to each of the adverts we have placed has been extremely high, to the point where we have taken the decision to advertise a couple of recent posts only on the IOL site.
The service and communication from the IOL team has been excellent on every occasion and adverts are online within 24 hours.
If you are considering advertising for positions within your organisation use IOL jobs page".
(Ivor Lewis, Plumpton College)
- "We had over 750 hits in the two weeks the job was live, with 22 applications and a good shortlist. Well done to IOL for this great method of advertising, which we shall be using in the future."
- "We had our first applicant just two hours after the ad appeared on your website!"
- "....... a really excellent aspect of our membership. Thanks for your prompt and efficient service. I think this is becoming a key place for people in our industry to look for vacancies."
- "I would like to thank you for the high standard of applicants that the advert has attracted. Significantly, it has not only attracted applicants with a suitable adventure activity background, but also applicants with genuine skills, experience and interest in working with children with special needs. As staff are my most important asset, your recruitment service has been very valuable to me."
Horizons Magazine & Online Shop
||Professional Development for Outdoor Practitioners
Horizons. Articles & updates.
Horizons is FREE for full IOL members. The IOL bookshop has many titles covering topics related to outdoor learning. Discounts for IOL Members. Visit the bookshop....
Advertise in Horizons Reach a highly targeted audience of outdoor professionals. Inexpensive and with discounts for IOL members.