The Institute for Outdoor Learning is aware that you care how information about you is used and shared by us and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly.
By visiting outdoor-learning.org, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
- What Personal Information About Customers Does outdoor-learning.org Gather?
- Controllers of Personal Information
- What About Cookies?
- Does outdoor-learning.org Share the Information it Receives?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
- What Information Can I Access?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Notices and Revisions
- Cookies and How We Use Them
What Personal Information About Customers Does outdoor-learning.org Gather?
The information we learn from our members and site visitors helps us personalise and continually improve your browsing experience at outdoor-learning.org. We use the information to handle membership, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us. We also use this information to improve our website, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, managing your membership and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses outdoor-learning.org.
- E-mail Communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from outdoor-learning.org, if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please update your Member Profile.
Controllers of Personal Information.
The Institute controls any personal information provided to or gathered by outdoor-learning.org for Outdoor Learning (the data controller), at Warwick Mill Business Centre, Warwick Bridge, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA4 8RR, UK.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser, to provide application authorisation and storage of items in your Shopping Basket.
- If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Does outdoor-learning.org share the Information it receives?
Information about our members is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. Outdoor-learning.org shares customer information only as described below.
Third Party and Service Providers We Do Not Control: We work closely with our third party and service providers. However, we do not share member data with them unless you have expressed a wish for us to do so via your Member Profile.
- Third Party Service Providers: We do not employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf. We do however, use the services of a bulk email provider, which allows us to process and send our monthly newsletter and other specific email news. Further, we must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the UK's Data Protection Act.
- With your consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number, encrypted, to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Web sites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party Web sites.
We do not have access to or control over cookies or other features that they may use and this Privacy Notice does not cover the information practices of these advertisers and third-party websites. Please contact them directly for more information about their privacy practices. In addition, the Network Advertising Initiative offers useful information about Internet advertising companies (also called "ad networks" or "network advertisers"), including information about how to opt-out of their information collection.
What Information Can I Access?
outdoor-learning.org gives you access to information about your account and your interactions with outdoor-learning.org for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such outdoor-learning.org features as Member Profile, or Event or Course booking.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the What Information Can I Access? section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Member Profile. (If you do not want to receive Term & Conditions and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of outdoor-learning.org, any bookings or orders placed with outdoor-learning.org, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
Notices and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at outdoor-learning.org, please e-mail us a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice and Terms & Conditions will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your membership. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Cookies and How We Use Them
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide services. For information on the controllers of your personal information, see Controller of Personal Information in our Privacy Notice.
- Identifying you when you sign-in to our site. This allows us to recognise you as a member and other customised features and services we provide.
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping basket.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve the Institute for Outodoor Learning’s content and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activities.
- Improving security.
Cookies and Browser Settings
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.