- Saturday 11th February 2017 9am to 5pm at Shugborough Outdoor Centre, Stafford
- Sunday 12th February 2017 9am to 5pm at Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre, Leicester
Since the NAOE/IOL publication of Reviewing Adventures in 1996 Roger has been training outdoor educators and trainers around the world in how to facilitate learning while outdoors (and in many different kinds of weather). Now you can spend the day with Roger on an outdoor journey - a start and stop walk. The whole day will be spent looking at reviewing in the outdoors, using place, space and found objects as reviewing aids. If the weather is poor (it is winter) the day might be split 50/50 with indoors.
Bookings are open now
It is a varied circular route that deliberately designed to pass through a whole range of different environments - suitable for a variety of reviewing methods and for one or two activities creating experiences to review.
||Why a walking workshop?
Roger’s reviewing workshops for outdoor educators usually make the most of the local outdoor environment - Because you work outdoors it makes sense to learn these reviewing methods in the kind of environment in which you will be using them for real. We will be in your workplace - a particularly pleasant and stimulating one. We look forward to meeting you there.
- IOL, AHOEC, CLOtC, WEEL, OEAP, MTA Members - £45 (a booking discount code is being issued to AHOEC, CLOtC, WEEL, OEAP, MTA Members)
Organisational members of IOL can book up to 4 of their staff team at the member rate!
- Non members - £100
- BOOK ONLINE. (only available to IOL members)
- Book by email now with IOL.
Saturday 21st January 2017
Sunday 22nd January 2017
at Frank Chapman Centre
What the participants said after these events
"Relaxed and informal but full of useful information. Great for networking with other practitioners."
"Revising old skills, learning new, Great stuff!"
"Ace Day, learnt lots, very professional."
"Very good day and practical implementation of withies.
An excellent and interesting course – really enjoyed the pump drills and would be interested in making them. Very positive atmosphere and a great group of people
- 31 March 2017 10am for 10.30 start at Malvern Outdoor Elements. Joint Meeting with member of the Central / Midland Outdoor Education networks on with a morning CPD on marketing for outdoor providers.
10.30am Quick over view of MOE and change to private ownership.
10.50am - NOLA (National Outdoor Learners Award). Pilot scheme at MOE and what it is.
11.30am - Marketing 101. (basics in market research and starting a marketing plan).
1pm - Lunch / networking (let me know if you are veggie)
1.45pm - Regional meetings
Midlands Region Accreditation Bursary Scheme
The Midland Region IOL is pleased to offer a Bursary scheme to support regional members who wish to undertake the RPIOL / APIOL and LPIOLaccreditation scheme. You will be asked to show that you are willing to commit to regional events and meetings over the next twelve months. Please note the LPIOL Leadership workshop will be is in November 2016.
To apply for a Bursary please download the proposal and application form.
- Summer network session, which brings together a cross section of speakers/members from the arts, museums, galleries and environment sectors. On Friday 15th July 2016 at The Herbert Art Gallery & Museum, Coventry CV1 5QP www.theherbert.org/
Speakers from CLOtC Quality Badge holders and Wolverhampton Galleries and Museums. Also Heritage Lottery Fund on encouraging applications from arts and natural heritage organisations. (TBC).
All speakers will be explaining both their work on arts based activities and how they bring alive their outdoor environment.
- Agenda for Midland Outdoor Learning Network - 22 April 2016
- Colin Wood, the former IOL Midland Chair and Senior Lecturer on the University of Worcester’s MA Outdoor Education has offered to provide a twice yearly gathering, at the University, for prospective, current and potential LPIOL members and members of AHOEC involved in the proposed IOL/AHOEC ILM 5 course from the Central / Midland region.
This supplements the IOL strategic leadership course and is an informal and peer led way to focus, encourage and develop outdoor learning leadership in our region and support and progress leaders through their accreditations and strategic development.
Colin can be contacted at the Institute of Sport and Exercise Science, University of Worcester, Email or 01905 542235
How to book for IOL events:
For minutes of Midlands meetings see the log in area of documentation for members.
- An event with a pub meal and speaker is planned by the Midlands Exec. If members have suggestions for venues, pubs, speakers, topics (e.g AP), venues dates, times best to suit members, speakers etc., PLEASE contact Colin . Otherwise the Exec. will work on a best guess as to what the membership would find interesting.
Vital information on Insurance for all IOL Events
If you have regional information please email it to Fiona stating which region it is for. We are keen to make these sections busy and useful for all members.
« top »